Korean Festival Houston is made possible by volunteers like you! We want to make the festival experience fun and exciting for all of our guests, members and volunteers alike.
1. What can I do to help?
We’re so glad you asked! We have lots of things for volunteers to do.
- Vendor support: Helping our vendors with supplies, crowd control, answering questions for attendees and more
- Check-in/Ticketing/Information: Helping attendees find their way, answering questions, checking in staff and volunteers (like you!), selling food and drink tickets
- Entertainment Support: Helping our entertainers, assisting the stage manager
- Kid’s Corner: Help our youngest festival goers have a great time with games and crafts.
- Load-in/Load-out: Can you lift heavy things? Then this is the job for you! Assisting staff and vendors with set up and break down. Either early in the morning or at the end of the day.
2. How long will I have to work?
As much as we need your help, we also want you to enjoy the festival. Volunteer shifts are 3 hours long (max. 3 shifts).
3. What’s in it for me?
The satisfaction of a job well done! Oh yeah, and a free t-shirt, water and an invitation to volunteer-only events from KASH.
3. Can I volunteer with a group of friends?
Although all volunteer positions are assigned on a first come, first served basis, we will do our best to accommodate groups who want to volunteer together. The sooner you sign up, the better your chances!
4. Can I pick my job?
Yes and no. All jobs are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a place on the registration form where you can select which positions you are interested in! Register early and good luck!
5. I have a disability or medical condition, can I still volunteer?
Absolutely! We have all kinds of jobs for all kinds of people. Mention it in the registration form and we’ll find the perfect place for you!
6. I’m a High School student and need to fulfill my community service hours, can you sign my forms?
Yes, but if you are under the age of 18, you will need to volunteer with a parent or legal guardian, who will need to sign a waiver form.
7. I’m a teacher, can I volunteer with my class?
8. What should I wear?
Your free volunteer t-shirt and comfy pants/jeans or shorts. Remember: this is Houston and even though it’s October, it still could be hot! Oh, and you should probably wear sneakers, after all, Discovery Green is called that because of the grass. CLOSED TOE SHOES ONLY! Please no sandals or flip flops, we’d hate for you to stub your toe!
9. What else should I bring?
Sunscreen! We’ll be working outside all day. You might want to bring a hat, too. Bring yourself a snack, although we highly recommend sampling the delicious Korean food our vendors have to offer!
10. Where do I go and how do I know what to do?
Good question! KFest is held at Discovery Green in Downtown Houston. A week before KFest we’ll send you an email to volunteer orientation. It’s a little party where we’ll tell you all about your job, where to go and what to do. You’ll also get to pick up your t-shirt. Don’t worry, if you can’t make it to orientation, we’ll send you an email with all the same information.
11. I want to do more than just volunteer at Kfest, what else can I do?
Join KASH! KASH is committed to sharing Korean culture in Houston. We have smaller events all year long. Individual membership is $25 and family membership is only $40. Membership gets you invited to members-only events and other perks throughout the year. You'll also get invited to committee meetings! You can find out more about joining KASH here.